Seed sector action agenda
The Action Agenda has been developed during a large public-private gathering in Nay Pyi Taw, on 4 April 2017. At the meeting there was high-level representation of the government, the private sector and development partners. The Action Agenda aims to divide tasks between support projects and presents a coordination structure for subsequent platform meetings and monitoring of progress.
The organizations present included:
- the Department of Agriculture,
- Department of Agriculture Research,
- Department of Agricultural Planning,
- the National Seed Association of Myanmar (NSAM),
- the Myanmar Agriculture Network (MAN),
- the International Finance Corporation of the World Bank (IFC-WB),
- Livelihoods and Food Security Trust Fund (LIFT),
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA),
- International Rice Research Institute (IRRI),
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) and the
- Agriculture Development Support Project (MOALI/WB ADSP).
Together the participants agreed that greater coordination and alignment is necessary between government and support activities.